22/05/15 Laura Wellington
This week we announced to our residents that Duke Studios will be moving out from its original Munro House site to our brand new purpose built facilities in Sheaf Street. Due to combining factors including price increases, our business model sadly no longer works in Munro House. We will be relocating our existing Munro House tenants and services to our new site in Sheaf Street alongside the new tenants that have already taken residency.
The decision to pick up all the hard work we have done at Munro House did not come lightly; a lot of blood, sweat, triumphs and tears have gone into the building but unfortunately the space no longer works for us as a business.
This wasnt Plan A, however, we’re massively excited about the new opportunities that Sheaf St will bring both Duke Studios and its residents. Having our own building fitted to our unique (wait till you see what’s coming!) plans means we can continue to do even bigger and better things for the Duke and the City.
What to expect from Duke Studios Sheaf Street
(Code Name: Adventure Plan)
We are in the building process, the event space is ready, the café opens in June and we are working collaboratively with our lovely friends Lord Whitney to design the main space. This will be mark 2 of Duke, we will be saying goodbye to the cardboard studios and we’re stepping up the design.
Sheaf St will have:
- Sheaf St Cafeteria - Collaborating with Laynes Espresso, we will be bringing you the Sheaf St Cafeteria – Specialty Coffee, food and drinks for both residents and general public opening in June.
- An Event Space for up to 250 people
- A massive yard for outdoor working/not working - with a built in BBQ and bar that can be hired internally and externally.
- Meeting rooms for 8, 12 & 25 with a bigger and better “Not Bored Room”
- The Snug will be replaced with a double height meeting space growing from the ground floor up into the attic
- Various types of work space to suit all needs – Closed, Semi and Open plan
- Co-working – various locations in the site
- Additional desks
- Bigger photo studio
- An adjoining workshop
- Vinyl cutter and Laser Cutter
- A huge new kitchen
- Shiny new toilets
- Bike Stores
- A shower
- An office dog…
The move will mean we will fill up Sheaf St a lot quicker than anticipated, but we will still have some spaces available so if you want to join in the adventure then let us know ASAP.
You can follow the journey over on our socials @Dukestudioleeds #Dukesheafst #Adventureplan
We're looking forward to inviting you all to a spectacular launch party later on in the year.
The Duke Team